Friday, March 31, 2017

Comparison Shots

I've done enough with this scene today.  Here are stills from two lighting scenes I'll be iterating on.  Because who doesn't love contrast? 

Day n Nite

Created a night scene w/lighting for this scene.  More particles were added in and I'm seeing this reaching an end point.  I sampled colors from scenes in Bladerunner and The Limey, since I was suggested to look at movie's for their composition and colors.  I'll post again later tonight to better assess myself.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

FX/Lighting Pass Again

I got one critique on my environment from 10K, but I took his composition and edge comments and worked them in.  I also did a lighting pass that yielded a way better result.  I hope to have this environment done by Monday next week.

Monday, March 27, 2017

Huehuehue changes

Played with lighting and got this wonderful warmth.  I also created a particle system for falling leaves that are coming into the setting, but they keep popping in.  I should make the alpha on it go from 0-1 over life.  I also replaced the lights and started some moss blending on the concrete pieces

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Small but rewarding results

I remember making my floor hatches with the ability to open up, so I made a variation of the mesh that has the hatches opened.  I played with some post process and made the sky just a plane for sunlight.  More decals and other values were tinkered with to reach this point

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Two Days left! Go go go go go go go

Feeling great this week while working on my scene! Placed a volumetric lightbeam, created another Ivy Card set, tweaked lighting, and started small concrete chunks that will be littering the floor. 

Sunday, March 19, 2017

The Weekend Report

Good evening, this is The Weekend Report for Sahir! Had a blast on Friday with folks at the studio, and it relieved some of the worlds heaviest weights on my shoulders.  Might've been what had made this a fun and productive weekend.  I got all my concrete rubble pieces first passed and baked in, as well as a blueprint rebar spline.  Some foliage cards were made and edited, as well as getting leaves to float in sync with my water.  I'll be looking to add a layer of dirt and mudd above the concrete to show how deep underground it was.

It's also my last week at NetherRealm.  We're all dropping like flies now :'(

Made a gif too!

Thursday, March 16, 2017

First freelance done!

Finished my first freelance contract this week! It's occupied a lot of my time + being sick, so I didn't devote time to this for the time.  Now I can! I sculpted some rubble pieces in ZBrush, made LP in Maya and used some substance materials with tweaks.  I hope to make a few smaller rubble piles that are just a mix of dirt and concrete pebbles.  I should also kill that Directional Sunlight now...

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Back from GDC!

I was nervous attending GDC for many reasons: work, money, time, distance and etc.  Man, was that a dumb list of things to wory about.  I feel a new fire within to create more.  One of the many great highlights was meeting Josh Lynch and watching his Material work at the Substance Booth.  He makes it so easy with his workflow.

Now back to the bunker lab scene.  Some feedback I received from the Polycount Meetup was to place cobwebs into the scene to add more story to the piece.  I added WPO to that and created a water material with WPO as well.  The concrete wall material has reached a nice pass but I'd like to give more narrative to it, perhaps through decals.  This week, I'll look into creating some foliage that will begin to seep from above, as well as starting the pile of rubble from the exposed concrete